MACBA visit: Cinthia Marcelle

 "UNA CONJUNCIÓ DE FACTORS"

Cinthia Marcelle is an artist from Brasil, she is very revolutionary and treats with important topics. In MACBA we have seen projects from 1999 until now. She uses materials as poetry, in her exposition we can see coins distributed differently among shelves, also in a room we can see a structure formed by materials that she uses in her everyday life...

In the museum I wasn't able to understand her exposition, it was very weird for me. After talking about it in class and reading some information, I realise that it is very interesting.

This shows that a good attitude is important to visit every kind of art. Having said that, of course, I still don't understand lots of things that she did, but I am aware of some more things related.

I can't talk about emotions because at the moment I felt nothing but I will explain the more surprising aspects.

The three pieces of art that I remember more easily are "Fonte 193", "475 Volver" and "Cruzada". They consist of three videos and they are in the same order a fire truck drawing a circle and sprinkling water in the middle, an excavator drawing the infinity symbol and musics in a crossroad playing  a song, when they converge, the music is united. When I saw them in the museum I liked them, but because they are simple, but I didn't understand the meaning. Now, I know that they are all filmed in the same place and that the first one represents an inverted fountain.

from: https://twitter.com/videobrasil/status/743920027766767616


Finally, at the end, we saw a room where you can play music, for me it was just an activity but I knew there was something behind it. Doing some research I came across with the meaning : the songs played by different people overlap each other representing the distant interaction between decisions, people and places.

Now, that I know some more about it, I think that if I revisit the exposition alone, I will enjoy it and connect much more.

As a school workshop it can work only if well prepared and explained. It will be good because of what she wants to transmit, values... and to internalize that art and emotions can be expressed in different ways, as a trip to the interior of a person. How to express. It could be a powerful tool but it needs well prepared guidance.

Comments